Friday, August 2, 2013

Troublesome Grays



Ever have that those few gray hairs that just keep popping out? Well I have many gray hairs myself. Unfortunately, I've had them since I was 19 but as I am aging the amount of gray's keeps increasing. So here is a little trick if you have a few gray but don't have the time to touch up your roots. 

Take a mascara wand and very gently brush it over the few gray hairs that you want to cover up (start from the top and brush outwards). Usually, I will cover up the few hairs that are showing in my part. (Do not use the mascara for a whole head of grays.) When you do this make sure that you do not have too much mascara on the brush. If you do, then dip it back into the mascara tube until you have a minimal amount. The last thing you want to do is apply a clump of mascara on your hair because this will just make your hair stick together and/or look greasy. If you do put too much just use a brush to comb out the clumps. Of course, you want to keep in mind that if your mascara is black and your hair isn't, you shouldn't use it. Since my roots are dark, I am able to use a dark brown or black mascara to touch up my grays without it being too noticeable. Use your own discretion. You know what will or will not work for you. For all those girls who have lighter hair. There is a website that actually sells hair color touch-ups. They have fill-in powders, touch-up sticks, wands, highlighters etc. Its actually very inexpensive and it does the trick. Here is the site: http://www.coveryourgray.com/






Hope this is helpful!

-- Diana Lee



No comments:

Post a Comment